Is this for you?
This program is comprised of weekly treatments throughout all trimesters. The focus of this program is the use of Traditional Chinese Medicine and acupuncture to balance the body during pregnancy.
Traditional Chinese Medicine and Pregnancy
For thousands of years Traditional Chinese Medicine espoused theories on the lifestyle required in pregnancy to best support the growing foetus. As far back as 493 AD records were found of famous Chinese physicians detailing how to maintain a healthy pregnancy.
Traditional Chinese Medicine also has a long history of treating gestational (pregnancy) disorders. Historically they are referred to as ‘Tai Qian Bing’, which translates literally to ‘before birth diseases’. The following list of pathologies has been treated by Traditional Chinese Medicine for more than a century:
- E Zhu (vomiting and nausea)
- Tai Dong Bu An (threatened miscarriage)
- Tai Lou Xia Xue (bleeding during pregnancy)
- Duo Tai Xiao Chan (miscarriage)
- Hua Tai (recurrent miscarriage)
- Ren Shen Zhong Zhang (oedema during pregnancy)
In the Western world, acupuncture is gaining increasing popularity as a therapy to support pregnancy and a result this is an emerging area of research.
Our program has been used by patients that:
- are struggling with pregnancy ailments: nausea, lethargy, fluid retention, mood swings, sleeping difficulties, sinus, heartburn, haemorrhoids, constipation, muscular aches and pains.
- are looking for a natural approach to preparing for birth
You may be concerned about areas such as:
- How you can best employ Traditional Chinese Medicine and modern nutritional advice to encourage a healthy pregnancy.
- How conducive your current diet/nutrition levels are towards maintaining a healthy pregnancy
- How you can improve upon the health of your unborn child
- How you can reduce morning sickness, mood swings, lethargy and other common pregnancy ailments
- How you can best prepare for birth.
What will it do for you?
The Pregnancy Support Program includes a detailed examination of your current health status and lifestyle. This provides an insight into what areas can be improved upon to promote a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby. Combining the ancient wisdom of Chinese Medicine with modern nutritional knowledge it is easy to determine how best to build upon the body to make it most conducive to continuing a healthy pregnancy to full term. Lifestyle advice is also given to open understanding of safe exercise and relaxation techniques available that foster pregnancy health.
The Pregnancy Support Program aims to provide you with a thorough understanding of pregnancy focused dietary and nutrition advice to ensure you are able to provide your future baby with the best possible start in life. Diets are improved upon to ensure you are adequately capable of supporting the growth of a new life. Nutritional supplements are often incorporated as these are, in most individuals, a necessary part of boosting the vitamin and mineral levels required to maintain a healthy pregnancy and support the complex and intricate development of your unborn child.
What will happen?
The Pregnancy Support Program consists of weekly 1hr treatments for the duration of the pregnancy. Herbs and nutritional supplements are recommended on an individual basis if required.
Alternatively treatments can be given on a needs basis to address specific pregnancy ailments
The Pregnancy Support Program includes:
- An initial detailed health assessment including a review of current diet and lifestyle choices
- Education and insight on how to best maintain a healthy pregnancy and give your baby the best possible start in life.
- Dietary and Lifestyle recommendations and advice
- Weekly Acupuncture treatments
- Individually prescribed Traditional Chinese Medicine Herbal formulas if required.
- Individually prescribed nutritional supplements
Or email Kirsty on firstname.lastname@example.org
Or fill in the form below: