Is this for you?
This program is comprised of weekly treatments throughout all trimesters. This allows for maintenance of a successful, healthy pregnancy and reduces the incidence or severity of common pregnancy ailments.
Alternatively treatments can be given on a needs basis to address specific pregnancy ailments such as: nausea, lethargy, fluid retention, mood swings, sleeping difficulties, sinus, heartburn, haemorrhoids, constipation, muscular aches and pains, stress, anxiety and depression. Treatment is also given to turn breech or posterior babies. Treatments can focus on preparing your body for labour or can even be used to induce labour from 40 weeks when a medical induction is planned.
Why would you need it?
You would like to enjoy a successful and healthy pregnancy and would like to help your baby have the best start in life.
You may simply be interested in being in optimum health during pregnancy or you may be concerned about areas such as:
- How conducive your current diet/nutrition levels are towards maintaining a healthy pregnancy
- How you can improve upon the health of your unborn child
- How you can reduce morning sickness, mood swings, lethargy and other common pregnancy ailments
- How you can best prepare for labour. How you can reduce the duration of your labour, pain experienced and the need for western medical intervention.
What will it do for you?
By following this program you will be putting yourself in the best possible position to maintain and enjoy a healthy pregnancy and birth a healthy baby.
The Pregnancy Support Program includes a detailed examination of your current health status and lifestyle. This provides an insight into what areas can be improved upon to promote a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby. Combining the ancient wisdom of Chinese Medicine with modern nutritional knowledge it is easy to determine how best to build upon the body to make it most conducive to continuing a healthy pregnancy to full term. Lifestyle advice is also given to open understanding of safe exercise and relaxation techniques available that foster pregnancy health.
The Pregnancy Support Program aims to provide you with a thorough understanding of pregnancy focused dietary and nutrition advice to ensure you are able to provide your future baby with the best possible start in life. Diets are improved upon to ensure you are adequately capable of supporting the growth of a new life. Nutritional supplements are often incorporated as these are, in most individuals, a necessary part of boosting the vitamin and mineral levels required to maintain a healthy pregnancy and support the complex and intricate development of your unborn child.
The Pregnancy Support Program also includes weekly acupuncture to build upon and balance the body’s Qi (energy or life force). Regular acupuncture during pregnancy helps maintain a healthy pregnancy and reduce the risk of miscarriage and complications. Acupuncture can also address each trimesters common pregnancy ailments such as morning sickness, lethargy, fluid retention, mood swings, sleeping difficulties, sinus, heartburn, haemorrhoids, constipation, and muscular aches and pains. Regular acupuncture can alleviate stress, anxiety and depression. Acupuncture is also successful in turning malpositioned babies (breech or posterior) and can even be used to induce labour from 40 weeks when a medical induction is planned. In addition the Pregnancy Support Program also suggests appropriate dietary and lifestyle recommendations specific to each ailment or complication.
The Pregnancy Support Program also offers a Labour Preparation Program from 36 weeks gestation. Studies have shown that weekly Acupuncture treatments from 36 weeks gestation reduces the time spent in labour and reduces the likelihood of medical intervention. The Acupuncture treatments focus on preparing the body for labour. In addition the program also includes dietary and lifestyle recommendations supportive of a natural uncomplicated labour.
In the final weeks of the Program labour support partners are instructed on the use of Acupressure to significantly reduce pain experienced during contractions and promote a highly efficient uncomplicated labour. Instruction is hands on and reinforced with take home handouts. All clients that have used acupressure during labour remark on its effectiveness in reducing pain of contractions. It also allows partners to feel connected through the birthing process. Labour support partners are confidently able to actively make a difference to the pain levels experienced.
What will happen?
The Pregnancy Support Program consists of weekly 1hr treatments for the duration of the pregnancy. Herbs and nutritional supplements are recommended on an individual basis if required.
Alternatively treatments can be given on a needs basis to address specific pregnancy ailments
The Pregnancy Support Program includes:
- An initial detailed health assessment including a review of current diet and lifestyle choices
- Education and insight on how to best maintain a healthy pregnancy and give your baby the best possible start in life.
- Dietary and Lifestyle recommendations and advice
- Weekly Acupuncture treatments to maintain good general health, address any common pregnancy ailments that may arise, balance hormonal levels to reduce mood swings, stress and anxiety
- Individually prescribed Traditional Chinese Medicine Herbal formulas if required.
- Individually prescribed nutritional supplements to correct any nutritional deficiencies noted, aid the progression of a healthy pregnancy and best support the growth and development of your unborn child.
- The Labour Preparation Program – weekly acupuncture treatments from 36 weeks gestation focused on preparing the body for labour.
- Instruction on Acupressure use in labour to significantly reduce pain experienced during labour and promote an efficient natural labour.
Or email Kirsty on email@example.com
Or fill in the form below: